Definition of virginal:
- An instrument somewhat resembling the spinet, but having a rectangular form, like the small piano. It had strings and keys, but only one wire to a note. The instrument was used in the sixteenth century, but is now wholly obsolete. It was sometimes called a pair of virginals.
- To play with the fingers, as if on a virginal; to tap or pat.
thoroughgoing, pair of virginals, double-dyed, nice, brand-new, gross, perfect, restraint, virtuous, maidenhead, as new, well-preserved, unbroken, angelical, whole, sodding, mint, utter, complete, unstained, unsullied, virginity, vestal, immaculate, lily-white, span-new, everlasting, arrant, virgin, honor, decent, undamaged, chaste, virtue, right, clean, modest, G-rated, unimpaired, undefiled, sinless, staring, pristine, consummate, saturated, uncorrupted, pure, stark, unadulterated, good, sex.
- celibate (part of speech: adjective)
- innocent (part of speech: adjective)
- "Together", Robert Herrick (1868-1938).
The next morning they all went up to town together in the train, and Elizabeth, who had recovered from her momentary displeasure, did no more than cast glowing looks at David- lovely, melting looks of delicate passion, as virginal as an opening lily- looks that said, " I wish we did not have to wait!"- "The Iron Woman", Margaret Deland.
- "The Metal Monster", A. Merritt.