Definition of virile:
- adult (part of speech: adjective)
- strong (part of speech: adjective)
vigorous (part of speech: adjective)
- manly (part of speech: adverb)
- "Roman Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius", Samuel Dill.
But no poet has since arisen to make some similar claim for poetry; to urge that within its proper sphere and in its own appropriate way it should attack the larger life of man with intelligence, with common sense, and with virile passion.- "Personality in Literature", Rolfe Arnold Scott-James.
- "The End of the Rainbow", Marian Keith.