Definition of virtuous :
1. Chaste; pure; - applied especially to women.
2. Exhibiting manly courage and strength; valorous; valiant; brave.
3. Having moral excellence; characterized by morality; upright; righteous; pure; as, a virtuous action.
4. Having power or efficacy; powerfully operative; efficacious; potent.
5. Possessing or exhibiting virtue.
inoffensive, utter, guileless, upright, innocuous, sodding, consummate, rightful, gross, virginal, arrant, saturated, double-dyed, everlasting, vestal, sex, perfect, virgin, thoroughgoing, nice, right, restraint, staring, complete, innoxious, harmless, impeccable, impeccant, modest, proper, just
good (part of speech: adjective)
study at chaste
respectable (part of speech: adjective)
honest, principled, right-minded, estimable, moral, worthy, saintly, fair, creditable, respectable, upstanding, forthright, irreproachable, angelical, good, true, righteous, unimpeachable, noble, law-abiding
virtuous (part of speech: adjective)
pure (part of speech: adjective)
basic, innocent, blameless, angelic, plain, prime, aboriginal, honorable, faultless, primal, undefiled, pure, basal, guiltless, elemental, unadorned, sinless, unblemished, indivisible, undiluted, uncluttered, unalloyed, elementary, simple, fundamental, purebred, spotless, irreducible, primary, monolithic, essential, austere, clear, stainless, stark, white, unadulterated, untarnished, chaste, bare, decent, clean, atomic, untainted, unsullied, nascent, immaculate, formative, foundational, simon-pure
- From the moment that a woman steps upon the stage she becomes public property, and even if she be really pure and virtuous it is universally believed that she only affects it for a purpose. - "Captain Fracasse", Theophile Gautier.
- He pursued this train of thought until he felt almost virtuous. - "Fore!", Charles Emmett Van Loan.
- He has had mischievous passions, but these he seems to have subdued, and he is becoming what he should be, a virtuous man.... - "Leigh Hunt's Relations with Byron, Shelley and Keats", Barnette Miller.