Definition of virus:
- Contagious or poisonous matter, as of specific ulcers, the bite of snakes, etc.; - applied to organic poisons.
- Fig.: Any morbid corrupting quality in intellectual or moral conditions; something that poisons the mind or the soul; as, the virus of obscene books.
- The special contagion, inappreciable to the senses and acting in exceedingly minute quantities, by which a disease is introduced into the organism and maintained there.
browser, epidemic, decomposer, toxin, hydra, bot, assembler, canker, ameba, computer virus, E. coli, compiler, contagion, client, applet, help, assembler, venom, bane, bootstrap program, computer program, listeria, architecture, add-on, poison.
disease (part of speech: noun)
- microorganism (part of speech: noun)
It even seems to me that those men who pass their lives in nauseous rooms, amidst poison and virus, receiving no other recompense for long labours than the satisfaction of duty accomplished, merit the esteem and respect of every one.- "The Pros and Cons of Vivisection", Charles Richet Commentator: W. D. Halliburton.
- "The New North", Agnes Deans Cameron.
- "Mate in Two Moves", Winston Marks.