Definition of visionary:
- Affected by phantoms; disposed to receive impressions on the imagination; given to reverie; apt to receive, and act upon, fancies as if they were realities.
- Existing in imagination only; not real; fanciful; imaginary; having no solid foundation; as, visionary prospect; a visionary scheme or project.
- Of or pertaining to a visions or visions; characterized by, appropriate to, or favorable for, visions.
- One whose imagination is disturbed; one who sees visions or phantoms.
- One whose imagination overpowers his reason and controls his judgment; an unpractical schemer; one who builds castles in the air; a daydreamer.
idealistic, blowy, illusive, hope, starry-eyed, breezy, aeriform, prophet, illusory, unrealistic, fantastic, ability, aerial, dreamlike, unreal, dreamy, conjuror, vaticinator, hallucinatory, fatidical, oracular, prophetic, utopian, foresight, delusory, aired, fantastical, airy, imaginary, phantasmagoric, delusory, quixotic, moony, grotesque, augural, foresighted, ethereal, prophesier, notional, fatidic, vaticinal, vatical, chimerical, farsighted, fanciful, sibylline, conjurer, seer, prestidigitator, real, phantasmic, practical, chimeric, conceptual, vatic, idealistic, delusive, long-winded, woolgathering, mantic, oracle, phantasmal, impractical, magician, ideal, quixotic, prescient, aery, unrealistic, divinitory, illusionist, verbose, realistic, tedious, wordy, windy.
- creative (part of speech: adjective)
- visionary (part of speech: noun)
- imaginary (part of speech: adjective)
- "Paris From the "Three Cities"", Emile Zola.
- "There was a King in Egypt", Norma Lorimer.
- "Christian Mysticism", William Ralph Inge.