Definition of visit :
1. The act of going to view or inspect; an official or formal inspection; examination; visitation; as, the visit of a trustee or inspector.
2. The act of visiting, or going to see a person or thing; a brief stay of business, friendship, ceremony, curiosity, or the like, usually longer than a call; as, a visit of civility or respect; a visit to Saratoga; the visit of a physician.
3. To come to for the purpose of chastising, rewarding, comforting; to come upon with reward or retribution; to appear before or judge; as, to visit in mercy; to visit one in wrath.
4. To go or come to see for inspection, examination, correction of abuses, etc.; to examine, to inspect; as, a bishop visits his diocese; a superintendent visits persons or works under his charge.
5. To go or come to see, as for the purpose of friendship, business, curiosity, etc.; to attend; to call upon; as, the physician visits his patient.
6. To make a visit or visits; to maintain visiting relations; to practice calling on others.
assure, name, piffle, clack, chitchat, lambast, land, chew the fat, see, natter, interpret, attend, berate, shout out, appointment, cry, consult, realize, ring, put down, prate, visualise, jaw, visitation, speak, chat, meet, trim, reprimand, visualize, wreak, fancy, phone, ascertain, figure, run into, hear, rattle on, chaffer, call in, insure, take down, rebuke, learn, take to task, hollo, gabble, avenge, lambaste, call up, run in, get down, trim down, chew out, call on the carpet, go through, scrutinise, prattle, seek, bring down, yap away, foretell, trim back, evening, project, huckster, stay, reckon, overturn, anticipate, find out, examine, twaddle, interview, holiday, telephone, haggle, inflict, escort, withdraw, discourse, tattle, determine, bid, cut down, scream, subvert, lodge, lecture, cut back, yell, palaver, travel to, impose, yack away, go steady, discover, let down, rag, address, look, construe, pick up, call, squall, dress down, forebode, scrutinize, pop in, look up, shoot the breeze, dish the dirt, recall, encounter, ensure, promise, look in, come by, prognosticate, get word, understand, confer, higgle, trounce, formal call, realise, manducate, come over, remonstrate, give, call down, witness, sojourn, go out, play, drop in, view, see to it, words, get wind, control, bawl out, enforce, watch, vacation, have words, consider, chit-chat, revenge, reduce, take care, audit, yack, chide, experience, call off, chew up, vindicate, levy, over, lower, place, call back, holler, regard, get a line, drop by, image, chatter, date, confab, retaliate, masticate, run across, blab, claver, gossip, talk, predict, stop, cut, maunder, punish, willing, picture, reproof, overthrow, confabulate, converse, blabber, scold, find, envision, tittle-tattle, come across, gibber, catch, chew, inspect, send for, shout, click, check, take in