Definition of vital:
- A vital part; one of the vitals.
- Being the seat of life; being that on which life depends; mortal.
- Belonging or relating to life, either animal or vegetable; as, vital energies; vital functions; vital actions.
- Capable of living; in a state to live; viable.
- Containing life; living.
- Contributing to life; necessary to, or supporting, life; as, vital blood.
- Very necessary; highly important; essential.
requisite, racy, contribute, able-bodied, important, critical, mortal, merry, indispensable, animated, necessary, life-sustaining, essential, fatal, basic, rattling, integral, full of life, lively, bouncy, snappy, be, iron, deathly, surface, lusty, strapping, resilient, constitutive, springy, spanking, constitutional, alive, lethal, fundamental, decisive, red-blooded, deadly, zippy.
- live (part of speech: adjective)
- healthy (part of speech: adjective)
- lively (part of speech: adjective)
- strong (part of speech: adjective)
- vigorous (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Duke's Children", Anthony Trollope.
- "Lonesome Town", Ethel and James Dorrance.
- "The Eye of Osiris", R. Austin Freeman.