Definition of vivid:
- evoking lifelike images within the mind; " pictorial poetry and prose"; " graphic accounts of battle"; " a lifelike portrait"; " a vivid description"
- Forming brilliant images, or painting in lively colors; lively; sprightly; as, a vivid imagination.
- True to the life; exhibiting the appearance of life or freshness; animated; spirited; bright; strong; intense; as, vivid colors.
vigorous, lifelike, pure, hopeful, striking, elaborate, graphical, in writing, graphic, strong, realistic, blow-by-blow, smart as a whip, specific, broad, lively, edited, colorful, bold, delineated, brilliant, cold, ablaze, pictorial, intense, acute, shiny, brash, gay, general, color-coded, smart, extensive, definite, glorious, clean, promising, photographic, burnished, bright, brainy, broad-brush, colourful, detailed, 101, superb, visual, pictural, saturated, colors, clear, words, expressive, splendid, bleached, strong, magnificent, picturesque, descriptive, chintzy, undimmed.
bright (part of speech: adjective)
- well lit,
- lifelike (part of speech: adjective)
- colorful (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Desert of Wheat", Zane Grey.
- "Curiosities of Impecuniosity", H. G. Somerville.
- "A Day Of Fate", E. P. Roe.