Definition of vivid :
1. evoking lifelike images within the mind; " pictorial poetry and prose"; " graphic accounts of battle"; " a lifelike portrait"; " a vivid description"
2. Forming brilliant images, or painting in lively colors; lively; sprightly; as, a vivid imagination.
3. True to the life; exhibiting the appearance of life or freshness; animated; spirited; bright; strong; intense; as, vivid colors.
expressive, undimmed, delineated, broad-brush, extensive, ablaze, shiny, broad, visual, elaborate, graphic, 101, magnificent, colors, acute, smart, cold, burnished, vigorous, detailed, promising, blow-by-blow, specific, strong, graphical, words, gay, chintzy, clean, splendid, striking, lively, pictorial, colourful, brainy, photographic, edited, clear, bold, bleached, saturated, glorious, brash, smart as a whip, superb, hopeful, in writing, pure, picturesque, general, color-coded, pictural, descriptive, definite
bright (part of speech: adjective)
glaring, phosphorescent, flashing, blinding, lucid, beaming, gleaming, lustrous, radiant, glinting, lurid, scintillating, glowing, glistening, luminescent, dazzling, glittering, illuminating, well lit, radiating, blazing, garish, bright, incandescent, neon, shining, flaring, brilliant, sparkling, shimmering, fluorescent, luminous, fiery
lifelike (part of speech: adjective)
colorful (part of speech: adjective)
- He leaned against a crooked old gate- post that as a boy he had climbed, and the thought came to him that this spot would all his life be vivid and poignant in his memory. - "The Desert of Wheat", Zane Grey.
- It is said by his son that " the memory of this day always remained vivid to him. - "Curiosities of Impecuniosity", H. G. Somerville.
- Nor did her full face- now that my confusion had passed away and I was capable of close observation- give the same vivid impression of beauty made by her profile. - "A Day Of Fate", E. P. Roe.