Definition of volatility:
excitability (part of speech: noun)
- fickleness (part of speech: noun)
- caprice (part of speech: noun)
irresolution (part of speech: noun)
- transience (part of speech: noun)
- motivelessness (part of speech: noun)
- "The Chemical History Of A Candle", Michael Faraday.
Hard, dry and practical in its attitude to the ordinary affairs of life, it is apt to catch fire from a sudden enthusiasm, as if volatility were its dominant note and instability its only fixed attribute.- "Scotland's Mark on America", George Fraser Black.
- "A Hazard of New Fortunes", William Dean Howells.