Definition of wader :
1. Any long- legged bird that wades in the water in search of food, especially any species of limicoline or grallatorial birds; - called also wading bird. See Illust. g, under Aves.
2. One who, or that which, wades.
- And the wader scrambled in and the boat slid away. - "The Card, A Story Of Adventure In The Five Towns", Arnold Bennett.
- Come up on deck, and you'll blush with shame to think you should have gone under to such little waves, scarce big enough to wet the frills of a Brighton beach- wader. - "The Golden Rock", Ernest Glanville.
- Grace of habit and the bright beauty of its long blue spikes of ragged flowers above rich, glossy leaves give a charm to this vigorous wader. - "Wild Flowers Worth Knowing", Neltje Blanchan et al.