Definition of waist:
- A garment, or part of a garment, which covers the body from the neck or shoulders to the waist line.
- A girdle or belt for the waist.
- Hence, the middle part of other bodies; especially ( Naut.), that part of a vessel's deck, bulwarks, etc., which is between the quarter- deck and the forecastle; the middle part of the ship.
- That part of the human body which is immediately below the ribs or thorax; the small part of the body between the thorax and hips.
- "Over the Sliprails", Henry Lawson.
- "Charles O'Malley, The Irish Dragoon, Volume 2 (of 2)", Charles Lever.
- "The Patchwork Girl of Oz", L. Frank Baum.