Definition of walk:
- A frequented track; habitual place of action; sphere; as, the walk of the historian.
- A place for keeping and training puppies.
- An inclosed area of some extent to which a gamecock is confined to prepare him for fighting.
- Conduct; course of action; behavior.
- In coffee, coconut, and other plantations, the space between them.
- Manner of walking; gait; step; as, we often know a person at a distance by his walk.
- That in or through which one walks; place or distance walked over; a place for walking; a path or avenue prepared for foot passengers, or for taking air and exercise; way; road; hence, a place or region in which animals may graze; place of wandering; range; as, a sheep walk.
- The act of walking for recreation or exercise; as, a morning walk; an evening walk.
- The act of walking, or moving on the feet with a slow pace; advance without running or leaping.
- The route or district regularly served by a vender; as, a milkman's walk.
- To be in motion; to act; to move; to wag.
- To be stirring; to be abroad; to go restlessly about; - said of things or persons expected to remain quiet, as a sleeping person, or the spirit of a dead person; to go about as a somnambulist or a specter.
- To behave; to pursue a course of life; to conduct one's self.
- To cause to walk; to lead, drive, or ride with a slow pace; as to walk one's horses.
- To move along on foot; to advance by steps; to go on at a moderate pace; specifically, of two- legged creatures, to proceed at a slower or faster rate, but without running, or lifting one foot entirely before the other touches the ground.
- To move in a manner likened to walking.
- To move off; to depart.
- To move or go on the feet for exercise or amusement; to take one's exercise; to ramble.
- To pass through, over, or upon; to traverse; to perambulate; as, to walk the streets.
- To put or keep ( a puppy) in a walk; to train ( puppies) in a walk.
- To subject, as cloth or yarn, to the fulling process; to full.
step, base on balls, liberty chit, perambulation, pier, offer, laissez passer, qualifying, passing game, saunter, passing, straits, track, platform, passport, whirl, turn, tread, take the air, manner of walking, bye, head, pass, avenue, foot it, pavement, ambulate, trail, gangway, circuit, walking, stride, notch, flip, pace, constitutional, mountain pass, position, meander, sidewalk, toss, alley, occupation, footpath, tramp, gait, walkway, walk of life, paseo, strait, passage, go, step, road, move, dock, crack, handout, tread, street, passing play, foot, fling, hoof.
- expedition (part of speech: noun)
- wander (part of speech: verb)