Definition of wall:
- A defense; a rampart; a means of protection; in the plural, fortifications, in general; works for defense.
- A kind of knot often used at the end of a rope; a wall knot; a wale.
- A work or structure of stone, brick, or other materials, raised to some height, and intended for defense or security, solid and permanent inclosing fence, as around a field, a park, a town, etc., also, one of the upright inclosing parts of a building or a room.
- An inclosing part of a receptacle or vessel; as, the walls of a steam- engine cylinder.
- The country rock bounding a vein laterally.
- The side of a level or drift.
- To close or fill with a wall, as a doorway.
- To defend by walls, or as if by walls; to fortify.
- To inclose with a wall, or as with a wall.
floodgate, obstacle, breakwater, hem in, palisade, hurdle, limitation, snag, obstruction, contend, parapet, hitch, thing, paries, skirt, jetty, drawback, retainer, ditch, traverse, check, hindrance, red tape, embankment, blockage, clog, bar, fence in, block, levee, entanglement, fort, seawall, debate, argue, surround, restriction, flank, dike, border, mole, difficulty, besiege, open, ring, surface, environ, groyne, paling, include, stop, dam, curb, retardation, fence, beleaguer, knot, rampart, hamper, bulwark, smother, impediment, stockade, partition, bank, help, stumbling block, circumvent, groin.
- cliff (part of speech: noun)
- defense (part of speech: noun)