Definition of want :
1. A depression in coal strata, hollowed out before the subsequent deposition took place.
2. Specifically, absence or lack of necessaries; destitution; poverty; penury; indigence; need.
3. That which is needed or desired; a thing of which the loss is felt; what is not possessed, and is necessary for use or pleasure.
4. The state of not having; the condition of being without anything; absence or scarcity of what is needed or desired; deficiency; lack; as, a want of power or knowledge for any purpose; want of food and clothing.
5. To be absent; to be deficient or lacking; to fail; not to be sufficient; to fall or come short; to lack; - often used impersonally with of; as, it wants ten minutes of four.
6. To be in a state of destitution; to be needy; to lack.
7. To be without; to be destitute of, or deficient in; not to have; to lack; as, to want knowledge; to want judgment; to want learning; to want food and clothing.
8. To feel need of; to wish or long for; to desire; to crave.
9. To have occasion for, as useful, proper, or requisite; to require; to need; as, in winter we want a fire; in summer we want cooling breezes.
indispensableness, wishing, emergency, regard, essential, unavoidableness, necessitate, neediness, ache, pauperization, will, exigency, shortage, deficiency, deprivation, fate, like, compliments, urgency, command, involve, loss, please, owned, sine qua non, motive, postulate, requirement, requisite, destiny, ask, pant, fatality, motivation, extremity, call for, take, inadequacy, hone, choose, indirect request, necessity, indispensability, compulsion
desire (part of speech: verb)
hope (part of speech: verb)
absence (part of speech: noun)
lack (part of speech: verb)
request (part of speech: verb)
poverty (part of speech: noun)
famine, poorness, beggarliness, impoverishment, homelessness, pennilessness, embarrassment, dearth, pauperism, asceticism, mendicancy, indigence, insufficiency, bankruptcy, tenuity, poverty, paucity, privation, insolvency, distress, destitution, penury, hardship