Definition of warn:
- To give notice to, of approaching or probable danger or evil; to caution against anything that may prove injurious.
- To make ware or aware; to give previous information to; to give notice to; to notify; to admonish; hence, to notify or summon by authority; as, to warn a town meeting; to warn a tenant to quit a house.
- To refuse.
- To ward off.
reproach, urge, deter, give the alarm, discourage, prepare, cry havoc, forbid, put on the alert, forearm, start bells ringing, expostulate with, put on guard, study at adviseadvise, tip off, rebuke, signal, check, prepare for the worst, chasten, reprove, take to task, sound the alarm, remind, offer a word of caution, apprise, give notice, give the high sign, make red lights flash, condemn, blame, read the riot act, monish, upbraid, find fault with, censure, predict, remonstrate with, put wise, remonstrate, reprehend, cry wolf, reprimand, chide.
- advise (part of speech: verb)
- threaten (part of speech: verb)
- warn (part of speech: verb)
- caution (part of speech: verb)