Definition of washing:
- A thin covering or coat; as, a washing of silver.
- Gold dust procured by washing; also, a place where this is done; a washery.
- The act of one who washes; the act of cleansing with water; ablution.
- The clothes washed, esp. at one time; a wash.
- The covering of a piece with an infusible powder, which prevents it from sticking to its supports, while receiving the glaze.
- The operation of simultaneously buying and selling the same stock for the purpose of manipulating the market. The transaction is fictitious, and is prohibited by stock- exchange rules.
dirty clothes, laundry, dry wash, boil, air, hang out, washout, race, dry-clean, airstream, drip-dry, come off, dhobi, backwash, washables, lavation, dry cleaner's, wash, come out, wash drawing, slipstream, hang up, soiled clothes.
- "My Home In The Field of Honor", Frances Wilson Huard.
- "Twenty-Four Short Sermons On The Doctrine Of Universal Salvation", John Bovee Dods.
The special thought is simply to be taken at first to get into the normal habit, and as a means of forgetting our digestion just as we forget the washing of our hands until we are reminded by some discomfort; whereupon we wash them and forget again.- "As a Matter of Course", Annie Payson Call.