Definition of watchful:
on the watch, keen, open-eyed, argus-eyed, vigilant, nimble, lidless, wide-awake, insomniac, active, sleepless, rattling, zippy, prompt, brisk, awareness, lively, awake, spanking, merry, snappy, wakeful, hustling, alive, alert.
- attentive (part of speech: adjective)
- circumspect (part of speech: adjective)
- vigilant (part of speech: adjective)
- cautious (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "Marie Antoinette And Her Son", Louise Muhlbach Official.
Wassaquam, having served the dinner, took his place behind Alan's chair, ready to pass him what he needed; but the Indian's silent, watchful presence there behind him where he could not see his face, disturbed Alan, and he twisted himself about to look at him.- "The Indian Drum", William MacHarg Edwin Balmer.