Definition of watermelon:
- The very large ovoid or roundish fruit of a cucurbitaceous plant ( Citrullus vulgaris) of many varieties; also, the plant itself. The fruit sometimes weighs many pounds; its pulp is usually pink in color, and full of a sweet watery juice. It is a native of tropical Africa, but is now cultivated in many countries. See Illust. of Melon.
Citrullus Vulgaris, watermelon vine.
- fruits (part of speech: noun)
fruit (part of speech: noun)
- casaba melon,
- passion fruit,
- "Dixie Hart", Will N. Harben.
- "The Magic Pudding", Norman Lindsay.
- "Captain Horace", Sophie May.