Definition of wayward:
unrepentant, perverted, impossible, obstreperous, hit-and-miss, uncoordinated, petulant, wilful, restive, willful, constitutionally, headstrong, addictive, badass, contrary, unplanned, attitude, hasty, adaptive, froward, ornery, disorganized, cussed, stubborn, reprobate, chaotic, flawed, incontrollable, support, obdurate, difficult, unstructured, adverse, contrarious, self-indulgent, flexible, babyish, incorrigible refractory, born, perverse, classy, clingy, balky, contumacious, unregenerate, recusant, rebel, disobedient, refractory, obstinate, incompliant, fractious, untoward, delinquent, depraved, all over the place.
- capricious (part of speech: adjective)
- impious (part of speech: adjective)
- motiveless (part of speech: adjective)
disobedient (part of speech: adjective)
- out of control,
- "The Orchard of Tears", Sax Rohmer.
- "The Complete Poetical Works of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- "The Disowned, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.