Definition of went :
1. Course; way; path; journey; direction.
2. imp. & p. p. of Wend; - now obsolete except as the imperfect of go, with which it has no etymological connection. See Go.
3. of Go
4. of Wend
disappeared (part of speech: verb)
departed (part of speech: verb)
moved (part of speech: verb)
- Mrs. Stobart went out to see what was to be done. - "My War Experiences in Two Continents", Sarah Macnaughtan.
- And I went to Nourse, to your old friend Dwight, and then to Sally Crothers- and asked them all to help me. - "His Second Wife", Ernest Poole.
- Colville could not speak; Imogene went on. - "Indian Summer", William D. Howells.