Definition of west:
- A country, or region of country, which, with regard to some other country or region, is situated in the direction toward the west.
- Designating, or situated in, that part of a church which is opposite to, and farthest from, the east, or the part containing the chancel and choir.
- Formerly, that part of the United States west of the Alleghany mountains; now, commonly, the whole region west of the Mississippi river; esp., that part which is north of the Indian Territory, New Mexico, etc. Usually with the definite article.
- The Westen hemisphere, or the New World so called, it having been discovered by sailing westward from Europe; the Occident.
- To pass to the west; to set, as the sun.
- To turn or move toward the west; to veer from the north or south toward the west.
biome, district, air jacket, double-u, area, watt, westmost, westbound, gusty, Asia-Pacific, county, western hemisphere, occident, tungsten, western, force, westernmost, following, the Celtic fringe, western United States, cicily isabel fairfield, Europe, the Antarctic, eastward, climate, cardinal point, westerly, Rebecca West, the Caribbean, country, airspace, cutting, wolfram, easternmost, Dame Rebecca West, Southwest, sunset, the Arctic, easterly, compass, westside, corridor, gale-force, atomic number 74, Benjamin West, belt, the Beaufort scale, due west, the borderland, Australasia, Northwest, E., Mae West, east, westward, breadbasket, biting, Co., America, W, gentle, Atlantic Rim, Central America, direction, bearing.
- "Carnac's Folly, Volume 2.", Gilbert Parker.
- "The Bent Twig", Dorothy Canfield.
- "Marjorie Dean College Freshman", Pauline Lester.