Definition of western :
1. Moving toward the west; as, a ship makes a western course; coming from the west; as, a western breeze.
2. Of or pertaining to the west; situated in the west, or in the region nearly in the direction of west; being in that quarter where the sun sets; as, the western shore of France; the western ocean.
3. Of or pertaining to the west; toward the west; coming from the west; western.
- They must have put in at Esquebel, the little bay down the western shore, then come up by the trail. - "Caribbee", Thomas Hoover.
- Think of where the London and North- Western Railway runs. - "The Simpkins Plot", George A. Birmingham.
- On the western horizon there was a glimpse of blue sea. - "The Spartan Twins", Lucy (Fitch) Perkins.