Definition of western:
- Moving toward the west; as, a ship makes a western course; coming from the west; as, a western breeze.
- Of or pertaining to the west; situated in the west, or in the region nearly in the direction of west; being in that quarter where the sun sets; as, the western shore of France; the western ocean.
- Of or pertaining to the west; toward the west; coming from the west; western.
- "Caribbee", Thomas Hoover.
- "The Simpkins Plot", George A. Birmingham.
- "The Spartan Twins", Lucy (Fitch) Perkins.