Definition of Whereas:
- At which place; where.
- Considering that; it being the case that; since; - used to introduce a preamble which is the basis of declarations, affirmations, commands, requests, or like, that follow.
- When in fact; while on the contrary; the case being in truth that; although; -- implying opposition to something that precedes; or implying recognition of facts, sometimes followed by a different statement, and sometimes by inferences or something consequent.
whilst, because, now, although, seeing, and/or, while on the contrary, as long as, conjunction, and, when, coordinating conjunction, assuming, when in fact, inasmuch as, being, seen against something, causal, correlative, albeit, for, insomuch as, by/in contrast, though, than, compared with/to, forasmuch as, considering, relative, much as, howbeit, next to, 'cause, while, relatively, as, considering that, the... the..., notwithstanding.
- "Samoa, A Hundred Years Ago And Long Before", George Turner.
- "The Golden Age in Transylvania", Mór Jókai.
- "Orley Farm", Anthony Trollope.