Definition of whether :
1. In case; if; - used to introduce the first or two or more alternative clauses, the other or others being connected by or, or by or whether.
2. Which ( of two); which one ( of two); - used interrogatively and relatively.
- We don't know whether they are Alice's or not, my dear, and little girls should be seen and not heard. - "Chicken Little Jane", Lily Munsell Ritchie.
- I wonder whether you have met him. - "An Artist in Crime", Rodrigues Ottolengui.
- But you are going to see her whether you like or not, my dear boy, so make up your mind to that. - "A Duet", A. Conan Doyle.