Definition of while:
- During the time that; as long as; whilst; at the same time that; as, while I write, you sleep.
- Hence, under which circumstances; in which case; though; whereas.
- Space of time, or continued duration, esp. when short; a time; as, one while we thought him innocent.
- That which requires time; labor; pains.
- To cause to pass away pleasantly or without irksomeness or disgust; to spend or pass; - usually followed by away.
- To loiter.
- Until; till.
objet d'art, exertion, strain, age, piece of music, go, effort, firearm, man, eyepatch, musical composition, era, slice, spot, charm, although, spell, briefly, bit, big, work, sequence, enchantment, industrious, endeavor, small-arm, date, plot of ground, striving, patch, during, darn, composition, mend, magical spell, season, space, for a short time, speckle, turn, fiddle away, temporary hookup, pain, plot, though, bandage, maculation, magic spell, period, waste, part, trouble, term, elbow grease, piece, succession, whereas, trance, opus, eon, awhile, struggle, art object, fleck, duration, temporarily, plot of land, kill, time, trifle away, tour, dapple, epoch.
- "The Grey Cloak", Harold MacGrath.
- "Expositions of Holy Scripture Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers", Alexander Maclaren.
- "The Enchanted Canyon", Honoré Willsie Morrow.