Definition of whiteness:
- innocence (part of speech: noun)
- colorlessness (part of speech: noun)
- purity (part of speech: noun)
- virtue (part of speech: noun)
- whiteness (part of speech: noun)
- "A Select Collection of Old English Plays, Volume I.", R. Dodsley.
And by and by he perceived that the deep crimson hue was departing,- not fading; we cannot say that, because of the prodigious lustre which still pervaded it, and was not less strong than ever; but certainly the hue became fainter, now a rose- color, now fainter, fainter still, till there was only left the purest whiteness of the moon itself; a change that somewhat disappointed and grieved Septimius, though still it seemed fit that the water of life should be of no one richness, because it must combine all.- "Septimius Felton or, The Elixir of Life", Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- "The Romance Of Tristan And Iseult", M. Joseph Bédier.