Definition of widow:
- A woman who has lost her husband by death, and has not married again; one living bereaved of a husband.
- In various games, any extra hand or part of a hand, as one dealt to the table.
- To become, or survive as, the widow of.
- To deprive of one who is loved; to strip of anything beloved or highly esteemed; to make desolate or bare; to bereave.
- To endow with a widow's right.
- To reduce to the condition of a widow; to bereave of a husband; - rarely used except in the past participle.
- "The Widow O'Callaghan's Boys", Gulielma Zollinger.
- "Down the Slope", James Otis.
- "Household Tales by Brothers Grimm", Grimm Brothers.