Definition of winder:
- A blow taking away the breath.
- An apparatus used for winding silk, cotton, etc., on spools, bobbins, reels, or the like.
- One in a flight of steps which are curved in plan, so that each tread is broader at one end than at the other; - distinguished from flyer.
- One who, or that which, winds; hence, a creeping or winding plant.
- To fan; to clean grain with a fan.
- To wither; to fail.
- "Shorty McCabe", Sewell Ford.
- "Short Cruises", W.W. Jacobs.
- "Blindfolded", Earle Ashley Walcott.