Definition of winning :
1. A new opening.
2. Attracting; adapted to gain favor; charming; as, a winning address.
3. The act of obtaining something, as in a contest or by competition.
4. The money, etc., gained by success in competition or contest, esp, in gambling; - usually in the plural.
5. The portion of a coal field out for working.
gentle, benignant, adrift, fascinating, lovely, cute, beguiling, bewitching, undone, sweet, prepossessing, leading, pretty, endearing, amiable, dear, captivating, behind, lovesome, pleasant, prize-winning, kind, precious, pleasing, tempting, delightful, gratifying, eye-catching, ugly, winningest, repulsive, darling, successful, nip and tuck, enchanting, nice-looking, loving, stunning, harming, glamorous, insinuating, triumphal, acceptable, engaging, courteous, appealing, adorable, award-winning, lovable, champion, winsome, attractive, triumphant, disarming, blue-ribbon, victorious, charming, like, good-natured, enticing, agreeable, rival
capturing (part of speech: verb)
defeating (part of speech: verb)
mastering, beating, outplaying, subduing, routing, quelling, crushing, predominating, subjecting, conquering, checkmating, outdoing, trumping, humbling, vanquishing, overthrowing, trouncing, whipping, defeating, foiling, overpowering, overturning
acquiring (part of speech: verb)
collecting, palming, heaping, accumulating, buying, landing, annexing, garnering, claiming, incurring, procuring, fetching, reaping, pocketing, adding, luring, cornering, netting, acquiring, scoring, retrieving, purchasing, wrangling, harvesting, assuming, amassing, bagging, receiving
dominating (part of speech: verb)
victory (part of speech: noun)
succeeding (part of speech: verb)
- Because be knew that he, not she, was winning, he picked her up in his arms and kissed her as if she were a child. - "King--of the Khyber Rifles", Talbot Mundy.
- Do you think we've got any chance of winning? - "Down the Slope", James Otis.
- I had much more in view just then than the mere winning of the game. - "By Wit of Woman", Arthur W. Marchmont.