Definition of winter :
1. The period of decay, old age, death, or the like.
2. The season of the year in which the sun shines most obliquely upon any region; the coldest season of the year.
3. To keep, feed or manage, during the winter; as, to winter young cattle on straw.
4. To pass the winter; to hibernate; as, to winter in Florida.
- Winter was very hard on both. - "Verotchka's Tales", Mamin Siberiak.
- " I will hear it now," said Winter. - "Here and Hereafter", Barry Pain.
- We are going back before the end of the winter, and the meaning of it is that Miss Harston was not well and needed a change of air. - "The Firm of Girdlestone", Arthur Conan Doyle.