Definition of without :
1. Not with; otherwise than with; in absence of, separation from, or destitution of; not with use or employment of; independently of; exclusively of; with omission; as, without labor; without damage.
2. On or art the outside; not on the inside; not within; outwardly; externally.
3. On or at the outside of; out of; not within; as, without doors.
4. Out of the limits of; out of reach of; beyond.
5. Outside of the house; out of doors.
6. Unless; except; - introducing a clause.
outside of, sans, shortfall, outdoors, out, absence, minus, deficiency, deficit, exterior, the open air, lack, externally, beyond, loss, outwardly, outdoor, wanting, poverty, want, external, out of doors, outer, shortage, absent, bankruptcy, outside
- " But why," say they, " would you say that without our leave, it being not true?" - "Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete Transcribed From The Shorthand Manuscript In The Pepysian Library Magdalene College Cambridge By The Rev. Mynors Bright", Samuel Pepys Commentator: Lord Braybrooke.
- I can't do without you, you know I can't!" - "Mildred's New Daughter", Martha Finley.
- Where should we be without the 'myth' I wonder? - "God's Good Man", Marie Corelli.