Definition of witness:
- Attestation of a fact or an event; testimony.
- One who is cognizant; a person who beholds, or otherwise has personal knowledge of, anything; as, an eyewitness; an earwitness.
- One who sees the execution of an instrument, and subscribes it for the purpose of confirming its authenticity by his testimony; one who witnesses a will, a deed, a marriage, or the like.
- One who testifies in a cause, or gives evidence before a judicial tribunal; as, the witness in court agreed in all essential facts.
- That which furnishes evidence or proof.
- To bear testimony; to give evidence; to testify.
- To give testimony to; to testify to; to attest.
- To see or know by personal presence; to have direct cognizance of.
- To see the execution of, as an instrument, and subscribe it for the purpose of establishing its authenticity; as, to witness a bond or a deed.
get wind, notice, smasher, attester, indication, dish, encounter, envision, experience, check, ascertain, construe, visualise, get a line, hear, mantrap, assure, stunner, source, deposition, beauty, fancy, happen, attestant, avow, mark, insure, retrieve, symptom, witnesser, date, image, take in, realize, project, proclaim, watcher, run into, interpret, knowledge, attend, seer, go steady, detect, visit, evidence, informant, signatory, aver, security guard, run across, come across, see to it, attestator, examine, chance, testimony, come up, understand, find out, control, go out, testifier, ensure, pick up, deponent, rule, visualize, incur, figure, get word, testifier, realise, spectator, picture, find, peach, see, feel, law, index, viewer, signification, protest, own, line up, discover, profess, spectator pump, get hold, knockout, ravisher, note, take care, attestor, admit, sweetheart, catch, escort, show, indicator, regain, receive, go through, manifestation, learn, badge, deponent, confess, find oneself, reckon, lulu, watchman, obtain, recover, sign, token, bump, get, consider, looker, meet, stamp.
- evince (part of speech: verb)
- see (part of speech: verb)
- spectator (part of speech: noun)
- observe (part of speech: verb)