Definition of witty :
1. Especially, possessing wit or humor; good at repartee; droll; facetious; sometimes, sarcastic; as, a witty remark, poem, and the like.
2. Possessed of wit; knowing; wise; skillful; judicious; clever; cunning.
intelligent (part of speech: adjective)
cunning (part of speech: adjective)
witty (part of speech: adjective)
foxy, brilliant, droll, funny, dry, sparkling, sly, astute, urbane, sophisticated, facetious, waggish, subtle, sharp, joking, canny, resourceful, tricky, wily, adroit, comical, pithy, ingenious, scurrilous, sarcastic, intelligent, jocular, clever, quick, cunning, crafty, pointed, smart, shrewd, quick-witted, artful, inventive, scintillating, deft
- Bernier speaks well of the men, calling them witty and industrious. - "A Holiday in the Happy Valley with Pen and Pencil", T. R. Swinburne.
- The humorous story is strictly a work of art- high and delicate art- and only an artist can tell it; but no art is necessary in telling the comic and the witty story; anybody can do it. - "How Tell a Story and Others", Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) Last Updated: February 18, 2009.
- A witty California correspondent of the Tobacco Leaf writes concerning the early cultivation of tobacco in that State: We are doing a great many other things in California now besides raising grain, fruit, wine, wool, and gold. - "Tobacco; Its History, Varieties, Culture, Manufacture and Commerce", E. R. Billings.