Definition of wonder:
- A cause of wonder; that which excites surprise; a strange thing; a prodigy; a miracle.
- That emotion which is excited by novelty, or the presentation to the sight or mind of something new, unusual, strange, great, extraordinary, or not well understood; surprise; astonishment; admiration; amazement.
- To be affected with surprise or admiration; to be struck with astonishment; to be amazed; to marvel.
- To feel doubt and curiosity; to wait with uncertain expectation; to query in the mind; as, he wondered why they came.
call into question, venerate, curio, adore, portent, dread, admire, query, investigate, good, curiosity, excite, ask, peculiarity, honor, mistrust, doubtfulness, uncertainty, revere, enquire, admiration, suspicion, interrogate, certain, oppugn, feelings, dubiety, freak, amaze, nonpareil, interview, appreciation, esteem, dubiousness, incertitude, wonderment, skepticism, question, delight in, approve, extol, enjoy, applaud, marvel, inquire, perversion, respect, love, oddment, supernatural.
- amazement (part of speech: noun)
- prodigy (part of speech: noun)
- wonder (part of speech: verb)
- doubt (part of speech: verb)