Definition of word:
- A brief remark or observation; an expression; a phrase, clause, or short sentence.
- Account; tidings; message; communication; information; - used only in the singular.
- Hence, the written or printed character, or combination of characters, expressing such a term; as, the words on a page.
- Language considered as implying the faith or authority of the person who utters it; statement; affirmation; declaration; promise.
- Signal; order; command; direction.
- Talk; discourse; speech; language.
- The spoken sign of a conception or an idea; an articulate or vocal sound, or a combination of articulate and vocal sounds, uttered by the human voice, and by custom expressing an idea or ideas; a single component part of human speech or language; a constituent part of a sentence; a term; a vocable.
- To express in words; to phrase.
- To flatter with words; to cajole.
- To ply with words; also, to cause to be by the use of a word or words.
- To use words, as in discussion; to argue; to dispute.
- Verbal contention; dispute.
concept, tiff, joint, book, sound out, scuttlebutt, report, hassle, engagement, quarrel, enounce, express, scoop, charge, formulate, banter, introduction, script, report, rule book, advice, intelligence activity, logos, recommendation, commandment, run-in, vocalise, say, polemic, locution, covenant, excogitate, utterance, leger, vow, disagreement, command, backchat, communication, discussion, vocalize, news show, conflict, give and take, member, pronounce, expression, sacred scripture, playscript, rhubarb, mandate, tittle-tattle, dictate, dispute, saying, knowledge, battle cry, explicate, countersign, information, bicker, tattle, message, war cry, statement, tidings, squabble, solemn word, Scripture, Holy Writ, intelligence operation, plight, intelligence service, designation, behest, spat, wrangle, record, Holy Scripture, Word of God, tiding, put, articulate, argument, directive, couch, bible, obligation, book of account, forge, contention, words, enunciate, account book, al-Qur'an, tangle, newsworthiness, volume, rumor, cry, article, discourse, debate, treatment, controversy, condition, password, devise, give voice, bidding, warrant, phrase, Good Book, instruction, develop, injunction, intelligence, reciprocation, support, intelligence agency, invent, gossipry, clash, gossip, order, over, fight, word of honor, contrive, talk, ledger, denomination, son, direction, watchword, interchange, parole, message, raillery, record book, intelligence information, rallying cry, advice, hearsay, altercation, sound, guaranty, speech, news program, announcement, talebearing, news, difficulty, praise.
- guarantee (part of speech: noun)
- word (part of speech: noun)
- promise (part of speech: verb)