Definition of wordy:
logorrheic, style, airy, discursive, economical, dull, long-winded, verbal, slow, lexical, breezy, windy, conversational, articulate, impractical, blowy, tiresome, rhetorical, linguistic, boring, declamatory, circuitous, circumlocutory, crisp, redundant, vocabular, deadening, words, ho-hum, tedious, periphrastic, pleonastic, verbose, diffuse, clean, irksome, visionary, excess, prolix, wearisome.
- talkative (part of speech: adjective)
- wordy (part of speech: adjective)
- verbose (part of speech: adjective)
- "Kai Lung's Golden Hours", Ernest Bramah Commentator: Hilaire Belloc.
- "The Awakening and Selected Short Stories", Kate Chopin.
A high sense of honor had been part of her wordy training of her children; but she had relied- she hoped, not in vain- upon their common sense to teach them to reconcile and adjust honor to the exigencies of practical life.- "The Second Generation", David Graham Phillips.