Definition of working:
hired, functional, machine, works, awareness, performance, action, work, going, operation, impermanent, retained, operative, functioning, effective, reaction, jobholding, employed, engaged, temporary, running, on the job, workings, behavior, active, going, alive, practical.
acting (part of speech: verb)
- pro tem,
- working (part of speech: verb)
- serving (part of speech: verb)
- "A Canadian Bankclerk", J. P. Buschlen.
- "Slippy McGee, Sometimes Known as the Butterfly Man", Marie Conway Oemler.
- "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.