Definition of worldly:
- Lay, as opposed to clerical.
- Pertaining to this world or life, in contradistinction from the life to come; secular; temporal; devoted to this life and its enjoyments; bent on gain; as, worldly pleasures, affections, honor, lusts, men.
- Relating to the world; human; common; as, worldly maxims; worldly actions.
- With relation to this life; in a worldly manner.
cosmopolitan, blase, bored, economic, terrene, temporal, body, human, matter-of-fact, earthbound, knowledge, culture, place, tellurian, profane, mercenary, earthen, spiritual, worldly-minded, terrestrial, telluric, laic, sophisticated, lay, religious, practical, mundane, sacred, materialistic, unprincipled, strategic, worldly-wise, self-centered, material.
- earthy (part of speech: adjective)
- irreligious (part of speech: adjective)
- material (part of speech: adjective)
- intelligent (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "A Houseful of Girls", Sarah Tytler.
- "Susanna and Sue", Kate Douglas Wiggin.