Definition of worse :
1. Bad, ill, evil, or corrupt, in a greater degree; more bad or evil; less good; specifically, in poorer health; more sick; - used both in a physical and moral sense.
2. In a worse degree; in a manner more evil or bad.
3. Loss; disadvantage; defeat.
4. That which is worse; something less good; as, think not the worse of him for his enterprise.
5. To make worse; to put disadvantage; to discomfit; to worst. See Worst, v.
not so good, retrogressive, fragile, unfit, sick, inferior, less good, frail, impoverished, deteriorated, extraordinary, unhealthy, degenerate, failing, worst of all, worsened, for the worse, worst, unwell, infectious, ill, pale, poor
- He had said that the things that were " worse than death" were not possible to Elizabeth. - "The Iron Woman", Margaret Deland.
- Jones, too, was out the same day- worse luck. - "Dawson Black: Retail Merchant", Harold Whitehead.
- No man is made better by his sorrows, no man need be made worse by them. - "Expositions of Holy Scripture: Romans Corinthians (To II Corinthians, Chap. V)", Alexander Maclaren.