Definition of wrestle:
- A struggle between two persons to see which will throw the other down; a bout at wrestling; a wrestling match; a struggle.
- Hence, to struggle; to strive earnestly; to contend.
- To contend, by grappling with, and striving to trip or throw down, an opponent; as, they wrestled skillfully.
- To wrestle with; to seek to throw down as in wrestling.
wrick, turn, bend, convolute, grappling iron, deform, worm, grapple, keep hold of something, twist around, sprain, distort, fight, curve, hand-to-hand struggle, hang on, twist, grip, tangle, squirm, tussle, grunt and growl, perform in a wrestling bout, carry, fight, tussle, grappling, tilt, struggle with, sophisticate, grappling hook, grasp, flex, tangle with, battle, cradle, grappler, scuffle, square off, wrassle, wrestling, rick, hold on, clamshell, touch, pervert, scuffle, combat, twine, wrench, clutch, duke, duel, face off, wriggle, rassle, grab, rassling, writhe, war, hold tight, wind, contend with, grapnel, trade holds.
- "Pepita Ximenez", Juan Valera.
- "Alec Forbes of Howglen", George MacDonald.
- "The Expositor's Bible: Colossians and Philemon", Alexander Maclaren.