Definition of writing :
1. An inscription.
2. Any legal instrument, as a deed, a receipt, a bond, an agreement, or the like.
3. Any written composition; a pamphlet; a work; a literary production; a book; as, the writings of Addison.
4. Anything written or printed; anything expressed in characters or letters
5. Handwriting; chirography.
6. of Write
7. The act or art of forming letters and characters on paper, wood, stone, or other material, for the purpose of recording the ideas which characters and words express, or of communicating them to others by visible signs.
canon, paternity, contactv, printed matter, in touch with, opus, cursive, graphology, piece, make-up, ephemera, piece of writing, penning, authorial, crabbed, constitution, editorial, theme, background, creative writing, cut, censorship, written material, paper, pen name, art, bestselling, decipher, assemblage, fine art, writing to, handwritten, edit, creation, back catalog, paperwork, piece of music, pagination, hand, rewrite, artwork, musical composition, documentation, committal to writing, makeup, longhand, pack, papers, physical composition, typography, material, illiterate, chef d'oeuvre, packet, report
writing (part of speech: verb)
handwriting, recording, transcription, composition, notation, transcribing, composing, correspondence, calligraphy, rewriting, portraying, formulation, journalism, authorship, ghostwriting, corresponding, typescript, formulating, portrayal, literature
- But I used to at one time, and there wasn't many as-" " Oh, do go on writing, gran'fa! - "The Man with a Shadow", George Manville Fenn.
- Why did she leave without writing? - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- He looked up from his writing. - "The Marriage of William Ashe", Mrs. Humphry Ward.