Definition of writing:
- An inscription.
- Any legal instrument, as a deed, a receipt, a bond, an agreement, or the like.
- Any written composition; a pamphlet; a work; a literary production; a book; as, the writings of Addison.
- Anything written or printed; anything expressed in characters or letters
- Handwriting; chirography.
- of Write
- The act or art of forming letters and characters on paper, wood, stone, or other material, for the purpose of recording the ideas which characters and words express, or of communicating them to others by visible signs.
in touch with, canon, make-up, censorship, creative writing, contactv, back catalog, edit, packet, graphology, writing to, cut, paternity, musical composition, rewrite, committal to writing, composition, background, editorial, hand, creation, illiterate, report, pack, pagination, piece of writing, fine art, documentation, assemblage, art, piece, ephemera, decipher, written material, opus, papers, typography, paper, makeup, longhand, theme, material, penning, authorship, authorial, bestselling, printed matter, artwork, piece of music, physical composition, constitution, crabbed, pen name, chef d'oeuvre, paperwork, cursive, handwritten.
- writing (part of speech: verb)
- "The Man with a Shadow", George Manville Fenn.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "The Marriage of William Ashe", Mrs. Humphry Ward.