Definition of wrong:
- Designed to be worn or placed inward; as, the wrong side of a garment or of a piece of cloth.
- Deviation or departure from truth or fact; state of falsity; error; as, to be in the wrong.
- imp. of Wring. Wrung.
- In a wrong manner; not rightly; amiss; morally ill; erroneously; wrongly.
- Nonconformity or disobedience to lawful authority, divine or human; deviation from duty; - the opposite of moral right.
- Not according to the laws of good morals, whether divine or human; not suitable to the highest and best end; not morally right; deviating from rectitude or duty; not just or equitable; not true; not legal; as, a wrong practice; wrong ideas; wrong inclinations and desires.
- Not according to truth; not conforming to fact or intent; not right; mistaken; erroneous; as, a wrong statement.
- Not fit or suitable to an end or object; not appropriate for an intended use; not according to rule; unsuitable; improper; incorrect; as, to hold a book with the wrong end uppermost; to take the wrong way.
- That which is not right.
- To impute evil to unjustly; as, if you suppose me capable of a base act, you wrong me.
- To treat with injustice; to deprive of some right, or to withhold some act of justice from; to do undeserved harm to; to deal unjustly with; to injure.
- Twisted; wry; as, a wrong nose.
- Whatever deviates from moral rectitude; usually, an act that involves evil consequences, as one which inflicts injury on a person; any injury done to, or received from; another; a trespass; a violation of right.
deviant, truthless, true, distraught, ridiculous, disordered, dissatisfactory, shady, sour, immoral, obverse, ungodly, back, injure, have a fighting chance, improper, hysterical, batty, deplorable, inexact, non-compliance, sane, astray, unconventional, irresponsible, off, ruin, equipment casualty, impairment, iniquity, disparage, misuse, mistaken, be in/out of the running, indecorous, wrongly, deficient, depravity, violate, vituperate, altered, infelicitous, terms, crazy, noncooperation, enormity, erring, naughty, paltry, vilify, virtuous, immorality, condemnable, excess, someone should/will go far, stand a chance/hope (of doing something), bananas, thrive, wanting, inopportune, amoral, mistreat, unbalanced, villainy, bonkers, evil, undecided, insane, correct, crummy, mad, upon, have something in your pocket, perverse, incorrectly, untimely, inaccurate, haywire, unseasonable, ill, sin, legal injury, villainous, situated, approximate, counterfactual, demented, perverted, awry, salacious, be/get lost in the shuffle, unseemly, fallacious, afield, wrongheaded, screwy, reprobate, broadly, cracked, in error, spurious, wacky, dark, questionable, vicious, absurd, wanton, unapt, graceless, premature, scathe, the matter, incongruous, rotten, daffy, extreme, decadence, defame, evil, suboptimal, punk, out of order, unreasonable, ill timed, wicked, fruity, take advantage of, pervert, base, unacceptable, way off the mark, imprecise, molest, persecute, inside, incorrect, unethical, maniac, surprise, unlawful, prey on, unfit, dissolute, damage, impose on _or_ oppress, contravention, be halfway there, loco, nonobservance, dishonourable, right, substandard, discriminate, depraved, reverse, mentally ill, gaga, brainsick, untruthful, nutty, paradise, be sadly mistaken, crackers, buggy, specious, malfunctioning, untoward, malapropos, corrupt, unrighteous, erratic, astray, unsuitable, sinful, wrongfulness, indecent, cuckoo, be better/worse off, harm, revile, reprehensible, amiss, misguided, touched, righteous, ill-treat, iniquitous, accurate, approximately, ill-use, disobedience, someone's getting there, fateful, victimize, rail at, dishonorable, profligate, unsavory, roughly, reproach, bush-league, at cross purposes, sinful, dotty, exploit, wicked, falsely, d'oh, criminal, slander, malign, trample, infraction, lunatic, peccant, unsubstantial, inept, false, face to face, lame, ravish, circumstantial, childish, irrational, dissipated, nuts, gross, inapposite, use, oppress, beyond, the cards are stacked in someone's favor, bastard, daft, be onto a winner, breach, maniacal, sacrilegious, profane, unhappy, be rough on someone, effectively, untrue, subpar, on the right/wrong track, bush, inconvenient, aggrieve, lousy, noncompliance, nonfunctional, price, loony, misemploy, low-down, effective, wack, opposite, inapt, non compos mentis, hurt, sordid, defiance, defile, moonstruck, unbecoming, blasphemous, spurious, unique, insubordination, erroneous, barking up the wrong tree, inappropriate, unsuited, nefarious, prostitute, correct.
- bad (part of speech: adjective)
- wrong (part of speech: verb)
- inappropriate (part of speech: adjective)