Definition of wry:
- Hence, deviating from the right direction; misdirected; out of place; as, wry words.
- To cover.
- To deviate from the right way; to go away or astray; to turn side; to swerve.
- To twist; to distort; to writhe; to wrest; to vex.
- To twist; to writhe; to bend or wind.
- Turned to one side; twisted; distorted; as, a wry mouth.
- Wrested; perverted.
darkly, brooding, beatific, twisted, bleak, funny, absent, comical, attitude, cynical, twisted, crooked, amusing, sarcastic, comic, hilarious, satiric, mocking, bug-eyed, askew, cockeyed, curious, cynic, ironical, hysterical, sardonic, dry, humorous, humourous, black, playful, ironic, respect, priceless, teetotal, appealing, dark, juiceless.
- "Max Carrados", Ernest Bramah.
- "You-Never-Can-Tell", Shaw, Bernard.
- "Betty Wales Freshman", Edith K. Dunton.