Definition of Y:
- A forked or bifurcated pipe fitting.
- A portion of track consisting of two diverging tracks connected by a cross track.
- One of the forked holders for supporting the telescope of a leveling instrument, or the axis of a theodolite; a wye.
- Something shaped like the letter Y; a forked piece resembling in form the letter Y.
- Y, the twenty- fifth letter of the English alphabet, at the beginning of a word or syllable, except when a prefix ( see Y-), is usually a fricative vocal consonant; as a prefix, and usually in the middle or at the end of a syllable, it is a vowel.