Definition of yea:
- An affirmative vote; one who votes in the affirmative; as, a vote by yeas and nays.
- More than this; not only so, but; - used to mark the addition of a more specific or more emphatic clause. Cf. Nay, adv., 2.
- Yes; ay; a word expressing assent, or an affirmative, or an affirmative answer to a question, now superseded by yes. See Yes.
- "A Short History of the Book of Common Prayer", William Reed Huntington.
- "The Pharisee And The Publican", John Bunyan.
- "Confessions of a Young Man", George Moore.