Definition of yea :
1. An affirmative vote; one who votes in the affirmative; as, a vote by yeas and nays.
2. More than this; not only so, but; - used to mark the addition of a more specific or more emphatic clause. Cf. Nay, adv., 2.
3. Yes; ay; a word expressing assent, or an affirmative, or an affirmative answer to a question, now superseded by yes. See Yes.
- They are all yea and amen in Christ Jesus.. - "A Short History of the Book of Common Prayer", William Reed Huntington.
- Pardon, then, to him that loves life, is better, and more to be preferred and sought after, than all other things; yea, it is the highest wisdom in any sinner to seek after that first. - "The Pharisee And The Publican", John Bunyan.
- Death takes but little, yea, your death has given Me that deep peace, and that secure possession Which man may never find in earthly passion. - "Confessions of a Young Man", George Moore.