Definition of yearning:
hungriness, thirstiness, yen, appetence, sad, hot, enthusiastic, intent, appetite, animated, longing, impetuous, keen, impatient, burning, vehement, fervent, appetency, intense, glowing, importunate, wistful, earnest, anxious, zealous.
- desirous (part of speech: adjective)
- hope (part of speech: noun)
- envious (part of speech: adjective)
- envying (part of speech: verb)
- hopeful (part of speech: adjective)
- desire (part of speech: noun)
- desiring (part of speech: verb)
- hoping (part of speech: verb)
From that time forth there was little chance of connected conversation, but all his life long Geoffrey Hilliard looked back upon that morning with the fond, yearning tenderness with which we recall the sunshine which precedes a storm.- "Pixie O'Shaughnessy", Mrs. George de Horne Vaizey.
- "The White Peacock", D. H. (David Herbert) Lawrence.
- "The Untamed", Max Brand.