Definition of yeoman:
- A common man, or one of the commonly of the first or most respectable class; a freeholder; a man free born.
- A servant; a retainer.
- A yeoman of the guard; also, a member of the yeomanry cavalry.
- An interior officer under the boatswain, gunner, or carpenters, charged with the stowage, account, and distribution of the stores.
fleet admiral, yeoman of the guard, admiral, commodore, field hand, buckaroo, commoner, petty officer, dirt farmer, scribe, farmer, ensign, cattleman, midshipman, clerk, cowboy, citizen, cowhand, cowpoke, farmhand, cowgirl, PO, man, commander, secretary, beefeater.
- "By What Authority?", Robert Hugh Benson.
- "Lorna Doone, A Romance of Exmoor", R. D. Blackmore.
- "Kelly Miller's History of the World War for Human Rights", Kelly Miller.