Definition of yield:
- Amount yielded; product; - applied especially to products resulting from growth or cultivation.
- To admit to be true; to concede; to allow.
- To comply with; to assent; as, I yielded to his request.
- To furnish; to afford; to render; to give forth.
- To give a reward to; to bless.
- To give in return for labor expended; to produce, as payment or interest on what is expended or invested; to pay; as, money at interest yields six or seven per cent.
- To give place, as inferior in rank or excellence; as, they will yield to us in nothing.
- To give up the contest; to submit; to surrender; to succumb.
- To give up, as something that is claimed or demanded; to make over to one who has a claim or right; to resign; to surrender; to relinquish; as a city, an opinion, etc.
- To give way; to cease opposition; to be no longer a hindrance or an obstacle; as, men readily yield to the current of opinion, or to customs; the door yielded.
- To permit; to grant; as, to yield passage.
make, break a habit, turn over, support, amount, rich, profitability, behave, restitution, interpret, incoming, sire, pliable, show, depict, cut down, outturn, lay down, kick in, arrange, resist, blossom, deed over, conk out, back up, fail, labor, stick out, relent, fade, wages, accumulation, give out, leave, return, replication, consequence, soften, bus, quitclaim, flag, keep, sacrifice, help, consent to, issue, speculative, reelect, flexible, buckle, number, lavish, catch, final payment, generate, proceeds, break, move over, handiwork, elastic, homecoming, devolve, award, founder, getting even, wear, coming back, output, allowance, tax return, takings, commit, contain, plastic, issuing, rejoinder, revenue, arbitrage, bribe, turn out, mother, outcome, hand, pay, balance, accrue, admit, forswear, speculation, recall, backlog, forgo, engender, gift, output signal, paying back, egress, car-pool, translate, reach, come up, emergence, provide, pay off, have, hark back, cut out, bud, beget, swear off, gestate, compensate, come out, carry, retort, box in, income tax return, refund, come up with, succumb, go along with, subject, die, way out, sanction, put up, establish, reward, take over, serve, fold, let go, allot, come back, waive, stand, production, stomach, get, outlet, recurrence, commercial, bring forth, accede, affair, bloom, moderate, cave in, offspring, choke, suffer, commit yourself, bring in, resilient, demit, feed, profess, thing, let up, bounty, try, pass on, repay, gain, change down, impart, publication, open, rejoin, chip in, afford, earnings, devote, confess, fork out, offer, renounce, die back, weaken, product, regress, let, say yes, work, present, end product, batch, turn in, topic, retrovert, block in, hand over, break down, government issue, resign, realize, part with, apply, go, result, distribute, bring back, strong, bypass, give up, hold, fruit, clear, deliver, give in, acquit, sell for, dedicate, produce, accord, draw, mince, counter, pass, give, go bad, concede, buffer, abide, pay up, allow, upshot, military issue, earn, profit, effect, damp, ante up, picture, conduct, give birth, progeny, capacity, sign up, buckle under, ease off, father, dampen, riposte, climb, win, matter, satisfy, birth, net, undertake, malleable, gross, pliant, abdicate, throw, collapse, event, supple, carve up, commercialism, turnout, revert, block, exit, comport, give back, render, money, relinquish, bear, endure, brook, soft, return key, grow out of, make up, contribute, slacken off, yielding, cushion, tolerate, quit, back down, supply, issuance, fall, equip, expect, furnish, slacken, deport, digest, knuckle under, ease up, boom, precede, fork over, fork up, cede, grant, allocation, assume, abandon, comeback, permit, give way, take, consecrate, take back, fall in, have a bun in the oven, kick, withstand, arithmetic, resource, buckle up, restoration, regaining, turn back, cater to, reappearance, payoff.
- "Bohemians of the Latin Quarter", Henry Murger.
- "Lonesome Town", Ethel and James Dorrance.
- "Household Tales by Brothers Grimm", Grimm Brothers.