Definition of zero :
1. A cipher; nothing; naught.
2. Fig.: The lowest point; the point of exhaustion; as, his patience had nearly reached zero.
3. The point from which the graduation of a scale, as of a thermometer, commences.
slide fastener, head, cryptograph, important, nebbish, nonentity, lay, pip-squeak, vigour, range in, goose egg, turn, oblivion, zipper, postal code, cypher, zero in, vigor, secret code, energy, nadir, home in, nada, love, point, zip, nix, shrimp, null, set, cast, direct, train, absence, zippo, postcode, zero point, aim, level, zip fastener
unsubstantiality (part of speech: noun)
insignificance, nonexistence, cipher, spectre, tenuousness, nothingness, impalpability, nihility, vacancy, emptiness, intangibility, nullity, unreality, immateriality, phantom, vacuity, ethereality, apparition, mirage
zero (part of speech: verb)
- And here it is 28 below zero." - "Land of the Burnt Thigh", Edith Eudora Kohl.
- Whether the minimum temperature be as high as 50 degrees, or but little above zero, the effect is the same, except that hoar- frost or ice forms in the latter case. - "Himalayan Journals V2.", J. D. Hooker.
- But wait, sweetheart, wait till it goes below zero. - "Writing for Vaudeville", Brett Page.