Definition of zigzag:
- A molding running in a zigzag line; a chevron, or series of chevrons. See Illust. of Chevron, 3.
- Having short, sharp turns; running this way and that in an onward course.
- See Boyau.
- Something that has short turns or angles.
- To form with short turns.
- To move in a zigzag manner; also, to have a zigzag shape.
head, press, crank up, progress, forge ahead, crooked, horizontal, curvature, sidestep, line, move, inclined plane, carry on, flow, twisty, walk on, outline, arc, zig, zag, diameter, duck, crank, jink, weave, slalom, roundabout, go, traverse, chord, axis, pass, zig-zag, rise.
- convoluted (part of speech: adjective)
- oscillating (part of speech: adjective)
oblique (part of speech: adjective)
- "Monsieur Violet", Frederick Marryat.
- "Foul Play", Charles Reade Dion Boucicault.
- "Heidi", Johanna Spyri.